Monday, January 10, 2011

Art House Sketchbook 2011

Time's up.  My sketchbook titled "I am a Scavenger" is to be postmarked by January 15.  I have a few pages to go but could send it anytime.  I have enjoyed making pages, mostly collage, on the theme.  I have a stash of left over paper, fabric, thread, and objects I have found.  One prize is a cup of shattered auto glass.  It is a cup of jewels.  As I worked, I developed an awareness that scavenging is recycling.  It may be a bit more focused on the finding, but both repurpose, reuse, fix, and rescue.

I selected this theme because I am a scavenger of sorts.  It is most evident to me when I walk.  I always expect to find a small treasure on the ground, street, or beach.
Art House displayed pictures of visitors to an exhibit of sketchbooks.  They had small stacks of sketchbooks and sat or stood leafing through them.  That would be very interesting.  link:
Art House - great place to see art.     In a few days I'll put all the pictures on Flickr and a link here if you'd like to see more scavenging.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Салон Секреты Красоты предлагает большой выбор классических салонных услуг: парикмахерские услуги, маникюр, педикюр, косметология, перманентный макияж. Мы работаем более 10 лет и придерживаемся принципа соотношения цены и качества обслуживания. Для постоянных клиентов действуют акции и бонусная система. Заходите на наш сайт [url=http://s-krasoti.ru/] стрижка 0.5
[/url]