Friday, June 3, 2011

Floundering

This is supposed to be my art/photography blog.  Well what is here for the last few months is what I've done..... nada!  Since leaving Nebraska I have not been inspired to take photos.  Even though there are interesting old buildings and artifacts here too, I am just not there.  I think I need a new urban/suburban photographic interest.  New buildings don't call to me, but street scenes do. 

On the other hand.  There is just so much photography I want to do just for me.  I've yet to discover a reliable market for photos as art.  I enjoyed making the little houses from my photo snips and sold a good number for Haiti relief.  But again, how much market and how many small house magnets do I need.  There are gifts, of course, but I'd like to think someone would find enough value in what I do to pay for it. 

I've been yearning to paint, but again, not sure of subjects and I don't even know if I really can paint.  I just have this hunger to do so.  I guess I should do it to satisfy myself even if I can't really....

I am going to work on some designs to go on tshirts etc for my boys' elementary school and put them in cafepress.  That might be fun.  Go Mustangs!  So, watch this space and see if the muse strikes.

What are you up to?

2 comments:

Jeanne P Lilly Bredbeck said...

How about one photo a day, just something that interests you. Remember from LaL - do the things we are having difficulty being motivated to do first thing in the day. Or do an "I Really Should" (IRS) chart. What kind of support would be useful?

Debra said...

Hey, thanks Jeanne! I will try one photo a day again. I started it at the first of the year but ...

I hope you are enjoying your time!