Monday, August 11, 2008

More on open adoption


Wow! We've been so open about adoption and the boys having birth parents that sometimes I have a pang of jealousy. It's senseless and fleeting, but it is definitely there at times. Today we were looking at some flowers we planted amongst the huge weeds by the barn. They picked some for me as always and some for their birth mother and birth father. They learned about him recently. I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "they don't have anything to do with you". But I think it is healthy and they will grow up with a confidence about adoption. I truly do intend to introduce them someday.

The boys don't understand that the bps never saw them. They think they remember a life with them. They talk about things their bm gave them or fed them. Someday they will know all, but for now, I let them have the memories. It does sting me some.

I'm the real mother, I'm the real mother, I'm the real mother......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.