Monday, July 28, 2008

Holy Cow We're Back in Nebraska


I suppose I'll have to change the name of my blog soon. I'm taking the boys back to Houston for preK. Unforunately there is none available here; at least not enough. They are very energetic and curious and active and need more than the 4 hours per week I can get them here.

I will miss my new friends the most and new photo ops next. I see barns in other places, even near our house in Houston, but they don't attract me the way these have in rural, corn and soy rich NE.

Let me restate - I will miss my husband most - absolutely. This will be hard on all of us; as he stays to finish the project here. He will be home for 3 day weekends every other week. Otherwise we wouldn't go.

I'll be taking a new cat south. Cleo was found here and has never been to H town. She's an indoor cat, so she won't notice the change of altitude or terrain. Lily the dog will be sad to leave the farm. She has had free rein of many acres here and free run of county roads. In H she'll be in what used to seem like a big yard. Poor dear.

I will be overjoyed to be with my friends and family. While on vacation there the last two weeks, I spent delightful days in a friend's studio and long hours talking to buddies I have missed. The boys will be in their 'old' school and back in gymnastics. I hope to add soccor and a martial art soon. They need actvitiy!

Now the job of sorting and packing begins!

No comments: