Sunday, March 2, 2008

Notecards












I've been making notecards for fun. Right now I have them on Cafepress but I have ordered a printer that will print of a quality I can print and sell direct on ETSY. I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't wanted to sell anything home printed because ordinary inks won't last. The new printer uses archival chrome inks that with proper care will last 100-200 years, depending on the source one reads.

It's an EPSON R2400. I got the higher quality scanner too and it will scan negatives. That's another project. I have hundreds of black and white negatives that I can now digitize and print. I have one very special picture taken in central park in NYC the morning after the blizzard on '93. It was very hard to print in the darkroom so there is only one good copy. I hope to make a limited edition of it. It has been very popular and is probably the best shot I have.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some new projects with the R2400. Anyone have one? It is the same as the R1800 with some extra black inks.

Warning- if you get gifts from me in the next year or two, it is likely to be monogram notecards or art prints!






3 comments:

zakkalife said...

Your new printer sounds great, what a nice feature that it will use archival quality inks.

I also got a chance to check out your Etsy store. I enjoyed looking at the photos/cards.

jessica

Kolram said...

I was fortunate to purchase two sets of your monogram cards from Cafe Press - they are lovely - so I'm looking forward to seeing how they look when you are printing them yourself!

Debra said...

Thanks Kawai, I'm happy you enjoyed seeing my stuff.

J, thanks. Ly d