Monday, March 10, 2008

Cat Bite!

I was bitten by a feral cat yesterday and spent most of today going to the next town to see the Dr. All is well enough. More later tonite.

Ok, anyway, a feral cat that had been hanging around got in a basement window. We cornered it and thinking cats always go limp when you grab the back of their neck, I grabbed it. It not only didn't go limp, it bit me.

Greg finally captured it and caged it. I cleaned and bandaged my finger - three small punctures and some scratches. I know cat bites can be very germ-y, so I called the Dr. today. I got a tetanus booster and 10 days of antibiotics. Could be much worse.

Lesson: One cannot always immobilize a cat by grabbing the scruff of the neck..

The cat? We fed it and turned it loose tonite. It is healthy, just very wild and very frightened. Animal Control never showed up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kolram said...

Poor cat - and poor you! It's hard to not want to take care of a frightened animal - especially the ones that are normally considered pets - like your little lost cat.

tb0ne said...

I'm thinking of starting a blog. I want my page to look nice. I was hoping I could commission an artist to design my blog page.