Sunday, April 27, 2008

Is anybody out there?

I enjoy my website and blog; but I wonder if am just entertaining myself? I don't expect to sell a lot of art on the net, but I would like to have some visitors and comments. I'm thinking about what I could include that would be of more interest to artists and art lovers. I don't feel qualified to write tutorials or even display techniques. I'm just working at art.

I do like to write about my photographs - interpret them in a way. I wonder if that would be interesting? I could also include how, why, and where I took a given shot.

If you're reading this and would give me some feedback via comment or email, I will certainly appreciate it!

PS: I'm making Artist Trading Cards from my photos. Some are small versions of the full image, some are crops of the image and some have been digitally or manually altered. I'm putting them on HolyCowPaper at Etsy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm really enjoying your blog debra. the spring entry was beautiful. i think you write beautifully. i love your new banner for the home page.
i agree with you about the collage bringing your photographs down a notch and am pleased you recognised it. i did somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it (the house with 'elie' in the top window absolutely freaks me out. can you say amitiville horror.....) but i was still excited about the process. i'm thrilled with the encaustic idea and can't wait to see how that develops. i love how you continually want to grow as a photographer/artist and are not happy to settle. i think you could go far with your photographs and am proud to acknowledge you as my friend who is a photographer.
you are a very enriching friend for me and i consider myself fortunate to have found you at this time in my life.
and you KNOW i don't care for soppy, sentimental bullshit, so i'm either taking too many drugs right now - or i mean all i've just said!