Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life is not SO short

Yes, life is short and we must make the most of each day. On the other hand, it is not so short that we don't have second and third chances, many chapters in our lives, or opportunities to change.

At 57 and 3 days, I can look back at so many past chapters in my life, each with experiences, friends, activities, and challenges. Unlike many people, I have had several editions of my life and each of them have been different as to my roles, my lifestyle, and my goals. Perhaps it is that fact that makes life seem long to me. Anyway, it does.

I think each life can have chapters and each chapter can have new choices, experiences, occupations, and so on. Adventure! Change! Life is long enough to allow you to experiment and grow.

Here is an example of changing chapters in my life:

1) 25 years with major corporation - the working woman in a major metroplex
2) retired, raising adopted babies - same major metroplex, same spouse
3) still retired, pursuing art, still raising children, living on a corn farm in the Midwest (following same spouse's work)

Go for it!

No comments: